How can Hero help?
When it comes to caregiving responsibilities, managing a loved one’s medication can be stressful and time-consuming—especially when their condition requires them to take five or more different pills a day6.
Without help, it's easy to get lost and disorganized. After all, each medication must be taken at a specific time each day. Some can be consumed with food; others cannot. Some can’t be mixed, or they can cause serious adverse events7.
What’s more, missing doses or taking meds at the wrong time can impair treatment outcomes, so following your doctor's and pharmacist's recommendations becomes absolutely crucial7.
So, how do you manage a complex regimen when you already have so much on your plate?
Hero’s end-to-end medication management service can help take all the stress out of medication management, so you can focus on other responsibilities and self-care. Hero’s award-winning automatic pill dispenser holds up to a 90-day supply of 10 different medications, and alerts you it’s pill time with a sound and a blinking light. All you have to do is press one button, and it will dispense your dose!
The dispenser comes with a medication management app that allows you to add a medication list, receive pill-time reminders and missed-dose alerts, and track your loved one’s adherence. Hero can even deliver your refills to your door at no extra cost, so you can say goodbye to those countless pharmacy trips!
Learn more about how Hero takes the hassle out of taking meds here.
Caring for someone is an act of love, but it can also be stressful. When the pressure becomes unbearable, it can affect your health as well as your loved one’s.
Don't forget to take care of your health and get all the support you can, so you can avoid caregiver burnout and compassion fatigue.
1. Cleveland Clinic. Caregiver Burnout. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9225-caregiver-burnout#:~:text=is%20caregiver%20burnout%3F-,Caregiver%20burnout%20is%20a%20state%20of%20physical%2C%20emotional%20and%20mental,are%20able%2C%20physically%20or%20financially.
2. Johns Hopkins Medicine. Causes and Symptoms of Caregiver Burnout. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/about/community_health/johns-hopkins-bayview/services/called_to_care/causes_symptoms_caregiver_burnout.html.
3. Mayo Clinic. Caregiver stress: Tips for taking care of yourself. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/caregiver-stress/art-20044784. 2020.
4. Lynch SH, Lobo ML. Compassion fatigue in family caregivers: a Wilsonian concept analysis. Journal of advanced nursing. 2012;68(9):2125–34.
5. Cleveland Clinic. Empathy Fatigue: How Stress and Trauma Can Take a Toll on You. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/empathy-fatigue-how-stress-and-trauma-can-take-a-toll-on-you/. 2021.
6. Masnoon N, Shakib S, Kalisch-Ellett L, Caughey GE. What is polypharmacy? A systematic review of definitions. BMC geriatrics [Internet]. 2017 Oct 10;17(1):230. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29017448
7. FDA. Why You Need to Take Your Medications as Prescribed or Instructed. https://www.fda.gov/drugs/special-features/why-you-need-take-your-medications-prescribed-or-instructed. 2016.