Hero vs. Pill Boxes - User Testimonials
Are you on the fence about the right medication organizer system for yourself or a loved one?
It’s an important decision — and one you should carefully consider. There are many options that offer unique features, a range of price points and different pros and cons. You could purchase a traditional pill box or go for an automatic pill dispenser like Hero.
To help you decide, let’s talk about the difference in a typical pill box vs. Hero.
See What Our Users Think About Hero vs. Pill Boxes
The Traditional Pill Box
Pill boxes are a simple way to sort a small amount of medication for daily use, and basically a necessity for people who travel frequently. A pill box might be a single container to carry a variety of meds with you anywhere — a box, canister or wallet-style — or might have multiple compartments to sort your medicine according to your prescribed schedule.
When comparing pill boxes, take your pill regimen into consideration, as well as the best way for you to remember your meds. For some regimens, you’ll need to look for a pill box that can accommodate morning, noon and night dosing times. For others, color-coding may be particularly helpful to keep track of your medication. Some folks may even need audio-visual reminders, like a chime or an app notification. If you need added security, there are also many pill boxes on the market that lock with a combination or child-proof lock.
Common Pill Box Issues
Despite some of the benefits mentioned above, many people find that pill boxes are not enough to navigate medication management. Other issues folks commonly experience with pill boxes are:
- They’re not easy to use with a physical illness or disability. It’s common for anyone to fumble with small pills — it’s even more difficult if you have a physical disability or illness such as arthritis or Parkinson’s.
- They become tricky with more than just a few pills inside. It’s cumbersome to add and take out pills when you have several prescriptions piled inside tiny compartments. Often it means dumping out the pill box to find what you need, which can be both frustrating and time-consuming.
- They don’t help you maintain precise pill schedules. Pill boxes won’t help you remember correct dosages or which pills to take with or without a meal. Many people have pill schedules that require a more complex medication organization system to keep everything on track.
- You still have to remember to take meds. Your meds are sorted, but will you remember to take them? How can you know if you’ve missed a dose? Relying on a traditional medication box also means counting on human memory for taking medications, which can be flawed when life gets hectic.
Why an Automatic Pill Dispenser Could Be Right for You
Unlike pill boxes, automatic pill dispensers store and dispense medications according to your exact medication schedule. Whether that’s nine pills in the morning, four every morning and two at night or a much more complicated regimen, you simply program the dispenser according to your schedule, and the machine will alert and dispense your pills accordingly.
If you have trouble remembering to take meds, automatic reminder apps or pill dispensers are great choices. With chimes and voice reminders, blinking lights, text alerts and more, automatic pill dispensers let you know it’s time for a dose.
Pill dispensers are also a top choice for folks who have problems taking incorrect dosages — whether taking too much, too little or at the wrong time. By turning over the responsibility to sort and dispense the correct medications at pill times to an automatic pill dispenser, there’s a lot less room for dosage error. According to studies, removing this risk may eliminate up to 125,000 unnecessary U.S. deaths per year, as well as 25% of all U.S. hospitalizations.
Some pill dispensers are battery-powered, while others use power cords and connect to WiFi or a cellular service. Choosing between these comes down to your personal preference, your comfort with technology and, in some cases, how many pills you need it to dispense.
Simply Medication Management with Hero
Hero removes the pain points of traditional pill boxes. Here’s how:
- Pills are dispensed into a cup. You don’t have to worry about fumbling with tiny pills or dropping meds because they’ll be conveniently and reliably dispensed into a cup.
- Hero stores many pills at once. Hero allows you to load up to ten pills at a time, and it only dispenses them one by one when it’s time to take them. You don’t have to worry about picking up the wrong med from a pill box — Hero takes the guesswork out of it.
- Hero helps you stay on track with complicated medication management. It’s easy to miss a dose when you have to take several medications a day. Thanks to Hero’s built-in reminder system, it’s easy to sort out what pills to take and when to take them.
- Avoid missing doses. Hero alerts you when it’s time to take a pill, and you can sync those reminders onto a smartphone for extra support. Simply program the correct timing and dosage of each medication, and reminders will alert you when necessary.
Ready to say goodbye to traditional medication management? Learn more about Hero today and read what our customers have to say.
Take the hassle out of taking meds today!
From sorting your meds at the push of a button to delivering refills to you, Hero makes meds one less thing to worry about.
90-day risk-free trial, money-back guaranteed
* When choosing 24-month plan
The contents of the above article are for informational and educational purposes only. The article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified clinician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or its treatment and do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of information published by us.